Light but sound.

martes, 17 de mayo de 2011

A book that really made an impression on me was “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” by Milan Kundera. The story tells about Tomas, a doctor and a lady-killer in 1960s Czechoslovakia, an apolitical man who is struck with love for the bookish country girl Tereza; his more sophisticated sometime lover Sabina eventually accepts their
relationship and the two women form an electric friendship. The three are caught up in the events of the Prague Spring (1968), until the Soviet tanks crush the non-violent rebels; their illusions are shattered and their lives change forever.

I read this book for the first time when I was 16, a time of your life where your mind and soul struggle to find answers for the meaning of life. In “The Unbearable Lightness of Being” I found the dichotomy of lightness versus weight while I was trying to answer such existential questions myself. There are a number of interesting themes in the book, such as politics and sexuality. In general, most of the books written by Kundera have left an impression on me. I really love his work. I would definitely recommend this book to anyone with a sensitive soul and a curious mind. Someone like you, maybe.

Now, write about a book that impressed you. You should say:

- What it was about

- Why it impressed you

- If any other books have impressed you the same way

And say what kind of person you would recommend that book to, and why

Remember to write at least 200 words and comment on three of your classmates’ blogs

0 comentarios:

Publicar un comentario